ISO 18001 OHSAS
OHSAS 18001 Certification is an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (where the OHSAS stands for Occupational Health and Assessment series). The main objective of OHSAS 18001 standard is to control the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) risk and improve the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) performance in the organization. OHSAS 18001 standards is applicable to any organization that wishes to mitigate risks to personnel and other interested parties who could be exposed to OHSAS risks associated with organization’s activities and complying with regulatory requirements related to occupational health and safety.
WHAT ARE OHSAS 18001 AND OHSAS 18002?
OHSAS 18001 is assessment for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Started with the objective to help companies to meet their health and safety obligations efficiently.
To compliment OHSAS 18001, BSI published OHSAS 18002, which explains the requirements of the specification and shows you how to work towards implementation and registration.
Together, OHSAS 18001 AND OHSAS 18002 package provide companies with the practical means of registration: –
- Identify elements of your business that impact on health and safety and gain access to the relevant legislation
- Produce objectives for improvement and a management program to achieve them, with regular reviews for continual improvement
- BSI Management Systems will periodically assess the system and, if compliant, register your company or site to OHSAS 18001
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
An Occupational Health and Safety Management System provides a framework for managing OHS responsibilities so they become more efficient and more integrated into overall business operations.
OHS Management systems are based on standards, which specify a process of achieving continuously improved OHS performance and complying with legislation. BSI Management Systems offers registration to the internationally recognised assessment specification OHSAS 18001 (which was based on the original British Standard BS 8800).
Registration can: –
- Reduce risk
- Give competitive advantages
- Help companies stay in compliance with legal requirements
- Improve overall performance
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Minimize the Health and safety Risk in the organization.
- Reduce the accident and incident in the organization.
- Improve Compliance level with Legal and regulatory requirements related to OHSAS.
- Improve the Confidence of person working under control of organization towards their health and safety.
- Reduce the cost toward employee health and safety.
- Improve the business potential among the competitor.
- Improve the confidence of customer and interested party.
- Improved operation control towards employee health and safety.
- Overall improvement of organization reputation towards OHSAS.
- Business opportunity improved.
WHAT WE DO
- Our certification program provides technical assistance and training to your business as you work towards correcting identified hazards. Also, our extensive library of safety training videos and printed materials is available to small businesses to support their safety and health efforts.
- The employer’s obligation is to correct all serious hazards identified by the consultant within a reasonable period. This commitment is made in advance.